Saturday, February 6, 2010

God’s Amazing Grace

          When I read these scriptures below, the first thing that comes to my mind is (John 9:25 )  He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.  That last portion “…whereas I was blind, now I see.” is where I was before and then just after I knew Jesus Christ, God’s Amazing Grace.  I knew nothing about how I got to Jesus, except I was led. 
              On January 19, 1993, Sharil and I sat down with Bro Tom Huntress, and he showed us in scripture where we were dead to Christ, living in sin, living but not alive, and by accepting God’s “Amazing Grace” we could be alive and have a life we never expected to have.  Through those Words of Scripture, Sharil and I allowed our Jesus to put that clay with His spittle on our eyes, and then with our own hearts accept and be washed clean through the scripture, to be able to see again and be alive for the first time in our lives.
              Our lives have not ever been the same since and we thank God for that change.  These scriptures below state that our sinful condition may be to allow God to make himself visible through us.  When I consider that in my life, I was a horrible example to my children, and my salvation showed them (and the extended portion of my family) His work in me. 
              He can do the same in you, even if you are saved.  Let Him have control of your destiny.  Let Him guide you.  Let your family see the washing and the change God has made in you.  Wash the clay and spittle God has put on your eyes by drawing near to Him.  God asks us to:

(Joel 2:13)  And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Tear open your heart.  Your “garments” mean nothing to Him, He wants your heart.  Turn to God with all your heart.

Bro John R. E Chastain

John 9:1-7  And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.  (2)  And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?  (3)  Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.  (4)  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.  (5)  As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.  (6)  When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,  (7)  And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment