Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our God

            In our verse Leviticus 26:9-12 quoted below we are told, “I will have respect unto you,..  He, God, will look toward us and through a material abundance, He will show us how much He loves us.
            In our society today, we clearly have abundance, and we know God is looking toward us.  However, He could remove the abundance and look away from us.  We don’t seem to grasp who it is that supplies all our need.  We look at our checkbook and our paycheck, and state I earned it with my own back.  My effort has given us this abundance.
            God has told us He will watch over us.  However, He expects us, (for the abundance He has provided,) to follow Him.  Yet, in our vanity, we claim Christ, and we know He loves us, yet we will not follow Him.  Going to Church, reading our Bible, and praying are things that are a nuisance to us.             We readily receive His blessings, but supporting our Church, supporting our Missionaries and tithing is just something that is unrealistic.  God knows we need money.  God knows we believe. He does understand and knows our disobedient hearts.
            Through the Holy Spirit, He does walk “among” us.  Are we listening to God’s Spirit?  The Holy Spirit is working to get us to walk the path we claim, God’s narrow strait path, His Holy path, that path from which we have turned away. 
            Listen to Him, get back to Him, and walk with Him, as He wants to walk with you, as He walked with Adam.                                  

Bro John R. E Chastain

Leviticus 26:9-12  For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.  (10)  And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.  (11)  And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.  (12)  And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment