Monday, November 8, 2010

Our Faith

(Hebrews 11:1)  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Many years ago, before I was saved, before I knew anything about God or His Son Jesus, my faith was in things that could be touched or reasoned with.  My faith relied upon a paycheck, a car, a house, and all the things that could be acquired.   I invested in (purchased) numismatic coins, gold, and silver.  Yet I didn’t know myself.  All I knew was the security of what was in that safety deposit box.  Many years later after accepting of Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, I sold all that “investment” for pennies on the dollar.  (No safety there.)
You see now my investment isn’t in those types of things.  My investment is in Jesus and His Father.  I have the Holy Spirit within me, and the knowledge of whom and what I am resides with me.  I know I am a child of God, and I rest all this knowledge on the verse above, only by faith in Jesus Christ.
I know down through my past history, I was lost had no place to turn until I found my Lord and Saviour. 
If we just look at one Patriarch from the Old Testament, Abraham, he lived by faith.  We know from our reading about him he wasn’t a perfect man, but he was faithful to God and the Christ who spoke to him.

(John 3:16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loves us and asks us to “Believe” [Have faith in] in His Son and we will have everlasting life.  Abraham has everlasting life because he believed.  Believe on God’s Son as God has requested you to do.

Bro. John R. E  Chastain

No comments:

Post a Comment