Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Called Out of Egypt

                Reading Matthew 2:13-16 quoted below, we can see Hosea telling us:

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

This leaves us needing to have the knowledge of what this phrase “…and called my son out of Egypt” means. (We must know that Jesus knew no sin, that He was sin free.  He lived a sin free life.)  However, within the Bible this phrase depicts an unsaved person moving from a sin-ridden life to a life free of those bonds.
              I was called “…out of Egypt” on January 19, 1993, about 3:30 in the afternoon.  As a fifty-one year old sinner, God granted me a new life, a life that no longer was bound by sin.  Those shackles have been loosened from me.  I had a new liberty, a liberty that allowed me more freedom than I had ever had before.
              A woman once told me, that as a Baptist I could do whatever I wanted because I believed that “Once Saved, Always Saved.”  I told her that was without a doubt true that “I could do whatever I wanted.”  (She began telling me about Baptists in bars and out dancing and carousing.)
              (That is when I corrected her viewpoint.)  I certainly could do what I wanted; however, since my “coming out,” my “want to’s” have changed.  I was out of “Egypt” and those things she was discussing were no longer on my “want to” list.  Concerning those Baptists that she saw in “Egypt” my notion is “they never came out.”  They may have made a “profession” in their mind, but their feet and heart never left “Egypt.”  They are still sons “of your father the devil

John 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Someone may say he is a Christian, but it is “his walk” that will show the “Egyptian” where his feet are planted.  After you were called “…out of Egypt…,” if your “want to’s” didn’t change, you then need to look and see where your feet are planted.  Do you know if God has called you “…out of Egypt…?                                                                 
Bro. John R. E Chastain

Matthew 2:13-16  And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.  (14)  When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:  (15)  And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.  (16)  Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

No comments:

Post a Comment