Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jesus The Christ Is God


                                                  When I read, John 10:22-30, especially (v 30) quoted below, I remembered a discussion I had with a Muslim woman.  My portion of the discussion was to witness to her, and hopefully lead her to Jesus the Christ.  (At this juncture, I cannot say I have been successful.)  

John 10:30  I and my Father are one.

              Our discussion led to her telling me about the Jesus of Islam.  I believe she thought we were discussing the same entity.  The Jesus she referred to was a man taken up (as was Enoch and Elijah).  Her Jesus is a man, a prophet of high caliber, such as Elijah.  (He did not die on this earth for the sins of man, as did our Jesus.)
              When I showed these verses in John, Chapter Ten to her, she exclaimed, “He (Jesus) is God!”  This revelation really surprised her.  I do understand her surprise, not ever hearing the Gospel before.
              The first Church I visited “in view of a call” was supposedly a Fundamental Independent Baptist Church.  That morning I taught on John 1:1-5 in Sunday School.  I also used John 10:30 as a part of my lesson.  The Deacon of the Church exclaimed, “Brother John that is hard to take, Jesus being God.”
              So where were his former Pastors in their teachings?  Were they simply teaching Jesus is love, and left out the hard meaty portions? 
              In my search for texts to preach recently, I found in the months since January, I have only preached out of The Book of Matthew one time.  (We are to preach the whole Gospel.)  I know sometimes it is difficult to keep the “weighty portions” of our scriptures “balanced with the words needed” by a young Christian, or a person seeking the Lord, but we must get the difficult portions “out to the sheep.”
              Reader, do you study to show yourself approved of God? 

2Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Do you read to the point that you know the big heavy thoughts of our Faith?  Do you still ask the questions in which you should know the answer?  Were you surprised by the title, “Jesus The Christ Is God?”  Seek His Word.

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

John 10:22-30  And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.  (23)  And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.  (24)  Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.  (25)  Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.  (26)  But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.  (27)  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  (28)  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  (29)  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  (30)  I and my Father are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment