Friday, March 2, 2012

Jesus Is Our Hope



Psalms 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

            Before I accepted Jesus as my Personal Savior, my “hope” was “in my ability” to earn a six figure income.  I was missing what God gives.  He gives “Hope” with value, whereas my “hope” was vain (worthless.)
            Now, when I fall to my knees, there is within me a “Hope” that can withstand the trials and tribulations of my life here on earth.  God, in His Salvation (Jesus, God’s “Amazing Grace) is extended to all of us who will accept His Son “goodness and mercy” (which is beyond our individual or even our collective imaginations.)
            God’s “goodness and mercy” will continue all of my days here on earth.  (I now have The “Hope” of  my destination, Heaven.)   I will “dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”
            My “Hope” (Jesus) protects me from The “wrath of God.”  I will never again concern myself with hell, because (as a Christian, I have accepted Jesus as my Saviour.)  I have “The Hope” (destination) of an eternal life with God The Father and His Son Jesus in Heaven.

John 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

            Reader, “Have you accepted Jesus?  Have you had your sins washed away?  Have you secured a home in Heaven?”

John 14:1-2  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  (2)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

“I have a “mansion” in Heaven for me.  What about you?”   Believe that God raised Jesus from the grave.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Confess that belief to others.   God will save you through His Son’s blood. 

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Remember:  Regardless of your life style, and what you have been, God loves you.  He knows what you can be.   Call on Jesus’ name.  
            Accept Him this very moment. 

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas   

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts            

No comments:

Post a Comment