Monday, March 8, 2010

I Will Trust

I Will Trust


              As we read the scriptures in Isaiah 12:2-4 quoted below, we are reminded of the fact that God is our Salvation, and in His Salvation, we can trust and never fear. 
               This is our last day of our Spring Revival, and I pray that we can see reasons for saying, “Praise the Lord.”  I pray that we will talk about and remember the Spring 2010 Revival for weeks, months, and maybe years as the time that brought Revival to our Church.  I pray it will cause a spark and start a Revival in Wellington, Texas.  Because of that spark, we may see another spark that will inflame a Revival in all of the Panhandle, and the State of Texas, and on across our Nation.
              What will it take to bring the Revival that will get our Nation back to God? 

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

              It has to start with Christians who will say “…I will trust...     It must start in the Church, a New Testament Bible Church, a Church which believes  that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified on that “Old Rugged Cross,”  and three days later God raised Him from that grave.  That must be the premise for you and I to humble ourselves and pray. 
              This Revival will not be remembered as that Great Revival of ought ’10 if we as members are not willing to “…trust…” in His Word.
              Do you, without reservation, without doubt, or fear, trust in our Lord?  If you cannot confess your lack of “trust” today, when are you going to “…trust..? Tomorrow?  

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  (2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

              Revive yourself with God’s Holy Word.  Transform your mind, and allow the Holy Spirit to take control. 

Bro John R. E Chastain

Isaiah 12:2-4  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  (3)  Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.  (4)  And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment