Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let This Mind Be In You

              Reading Philippians 2:4-8 quoted below reminds me how much I stumble with my Pride.  When I think about what my Saviour did on His Cross just for me, and doing what He did in subjection (obedience) to His Father, I shake in my mind as to the smallness of my subjection.
              I work hard at being humble, and try to follow God’s will.  Yet in all I do, failure seems to be my answer, not abject failure of “not getting the job done,” but in spiritual failure like, “Have I done enough for my Lord Jesus?” or “Have I done enough for my church?”  What about that one person sitting in row five, seat two, “Have I helped him enough?”                          
              The absolute answer is “NO.”  I have not nor will I ever succeed at a level that will be satisfying to me.      I believe for the most part that I am doing God’s will, (even those days when I seem in doubt.)  My honest intent is to do the “will of God.”
              After my secular college, and after I had been in the Aviation Industry for several years, I had to write resumes detailing all the types of work I had done.  I puffed myself up, and at that time, my mind was not “His mind.” 
              After finally being saved by God, I had a real hard time getting myself wrapped around the phrase, “Let this mind be in you…  I was so accustomed to promoting myself that it was hard to bring my Pride down.  I wanted to continue to promote myself as to how “good” I had become. 
              Then I look to my Christ on His Cross, and I know He was and is there for me.  Because He had given himself in obedience (subjection) to His Father, I don’t have to climb on my cross and die for my sins.  My Jesus forgave me from that cross, and all I must do is believe in Him.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

              The questions remaining are, “Do you believe?”  Another question is, “If You Died Today, Would Heaven Be Your Home?”  Are you obedient, and do you have “…this mind in you…?” 
              I cannot answer these questions for you.  I can answer only for myself and no one else.  Only you can answer for yourself.                                  

Bro John R. E Chastain

Philippians 2:4-8  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.  (5)  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  (6)  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  (7)  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  (8)  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment