Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stand In Awe of Him

(Psalms 33:8-12 KJB)  Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.  9 For he spake, and it wasdone; he commanded, and it stood fast.  10  The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the   people of none effect.  11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.  12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. 
  
            When I read the verses above, I thought of our Congress.  Recently they were the “Do Nothing Congress,” and now they are the “Let’s Do It Now Before We know What We Did Do Congress.”  Once they have nationalized the Health Care Industry, I wonder if our Farmers will be the next big industry to nationalize, along with all our Oil Companies.  Back in the ‘50’s they called this Communism. 
I remember a few days after 9/11 they were on the steps of Congress singing, “God Bless America.”  How quickly they forget.  Unfortunately, how quickly we forget.  We have put the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World War I and II, along with KoreaViet Nam, our Constitution and our Declaration of Independence in the “waste can” of forgotten memories.
              We as citizens can only remember what is going on today.  We still have a few people who do remember the “Great Depression.”  However, most of them were in their youth at the time.  We as a nation and we as citizens have never learned a single lesson from our history.  (Of course, I am not sure, but I understand they don’t teach history any more.)  Our country was built on the will of the people, with God’s Law in their hands.  We now have a country solely created for me, myself, and I.  It doesn’t matter if what is being done today to solve our economic woes has never worked in the past, just send me, myself, and I my check. 
              We as a nation have gotten so far away from God.  We are so self-centered, that nothing else matters but ourselves.
              Our only fear is “my space not being violated,” regardless of “who else’s space I violate.”  (We listen to the guru’s of the world, Dr. Phil, Oprah, and so many others who tell us it certainly is all for me, myself, and I.  They tell us it isn’t our fault, my Momma caused the problem.)
              Where is our fear of the Lord?  It is His counsel we need to seek, as His counsel is a forever counsel.  God’s counsel isn’t based on a Freudian principle from a perverted psychiatrist. It is His solid counsel.  It is something you and I can lean on, something you and I can count on, with no doubts and no costs.
              Stand in awe of God.  He is what built this country.  He is what puts the food on our table. He is what blesses us in spite of ourselves.

(Deuteronomy 6:5 KJB)  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

(2 Chronicles 7:14 KJB)  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

            If we love our God as we should, then we know to stand in awe of Him.   I hope and pray you have stopped to consider what God has done for us, and realize the blessings He alone has bestowed upon each of us.


Bro John R. E Chastain

This was an article for our local newspaper several weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment