Monday, August 22, 2011

Heaven and Earth



               While reading Isaiah 66:1-2 quoted below, the words “Heaven [and] earth” seem to stand out to me.  In my thoughts concerning “Heaven,” I know that Heaven is my home, and one day my traveling will cease, as God will call me Home. (Then I will be with God and His Son Jesus.)  My traveling days will be over.  What a Day That Will Be When My Jesus I Shall See.  I will no longer roam this earth being tempted by all kinds of evil.  I will never hear another person curse my Jesus, nor hear a cross word.  (It will be a home of splendor, and a home of tranquility.)  I will never hear anyone exclaim, “I’m bored.”  I will never know anymore hate, war, drugs, or evil of any kind. 
The Earth is now our temporary home, and it is under the rule of Satan himself.  (Until I subjected myself to God by accepting Jesus as my personal Saviour, my father was the devil.)

John 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

               One wonderful day I realized I needed more out of life than what I was getting.  I really wasn’t aware that I had been living in sin, “nor did I know I was a son of the devil.”  Even after I accepted Jesus and became a Christian, I was not completely aware of the change that had been made.  I had become a new creature, adopted by God the Father in Heaven.  I was no longer a son of Satan.  I had a new Father, a Holy Father, whose Son died for my sins, and through His blood I was made whole.  I had sought a new way, a new life.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
                             
               God tells us, through Paul, that if we will believe that God has raised His Son (Jesus) from the grave, and are willing to confess that Belief to others, He will save us eternally.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

               “I sought Him, and I accepted Him with a profound Belief.  In that belief was faith, and in that faith I found an everlasting eternity. Reader what have you confessed?  Are you a believer?  Is Jesus your everlasting, eternal Saviour?” 
               If not, do it now.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Isaiah 66:1-2  Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?   2  For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment