Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our Strength



               While reading Psalm 28:6-9 quoted below, and the coming Tenth Anniversary of our 9/11 Tragedy, I pondered that portion quoted below that states, “The LORD is my strength and my shield.   I remember a few days after the tragedy, our Congress convened on their steps and sang, “God Bless America.”  It was such a thrill to actually hear them sing to God, in light of what had just happened.
               Our Strength” in God was displayed before the world that day.  Yet, where have we gone since?  It seems each ensuing week more of God’s strength is removed and assumed by our government, or one of its agencies.
               It all started when we allowed a court to put the Ten Commandments in a locked janitor’s closet in Georgia.  Since then TSA (Transportation Security Administration), FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency,) and our President, (along with Congress and the Supreme Court,) and others have assumed God’s Strength.  I have no idea what our National leaders will do on this anniversary date, but in my mind, if they decide to sing “God Bless America” again, it will be a blasphemy to God, (them singing to a power they no longer consider.)
               Our Government, in the name of “security” has usurped many of our individual freedoms “to protect us.”   Our politicians that “We” have elected have turned on us, and in so doing are creating a vast social government that no longer resembles the Republic that God gave us.

Hosea 7:13  Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken lies against me.

               I know that Hosea (speaking for God) was condemning the Northern Tribes that had separated themselves from Judah and Benjamin.  Yet, knowing history repeats itself, all we must do is read our history books and apply what we see in “our day” to realize we are becoming that Israel of old who fashioned idols, accepted gods of other nations, and accepted the morality of the heathens.
               We no longer consider it a shame to have a child out of wedlock.  It is no longer a problem for a young girl to “know” many men, (even women).  We have allowed our daughters to become whores, and our young men to become whore mongers, and we allow it with delight and our approval.  We as a God fearing people (Christians), must stop this rampant usurping of God’s strength.

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

               “When was the last time our President, our Congress, and our Judicial System actually (not singing on the steps) humbled themselves to honestly pray, to seek God’s Wisdom, and to turn from their (apparent) atheistic ways?”
               Now Christian, I ask you the same question, “When?”   We wonder how it all came apart.  It started back in the early 1900’s, however, it has escalated tremendously since we rejected God and locked His Ten Commandments in that closet in Georgia.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Psalm 28:6-9  Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. 7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.  8  The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. 9  Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment