Friday, February 3, 2012

I Was Blind, Now I See



Habakkuk 3:15-19  Thou didst walk through the sea with thine horses, through the heap of great waters.  (16)  When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.  (17)  Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:  (18)  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  (19)  The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

               This last Chapter in Habakkuk is a Psalm, (a prayer in song.)  (Habakkuk is prophesying the destruction of Judah.  Some historians believe that Daniel and other Sons of Israel were already in captivity.  Habakkuk saw what was coming and his “belly trembled.”  He was saw bleakness, and was dismayed at Israel’s future, his future.  He saw the calamity, Israel’s future.) 
            Habakkuk saw what we, as Christians ought to see happening here in The United States.  It isn’t general freedoms we are losing, (but we are, and at an alarming rate.)  We as Christians are losing our freedom to choose our God, and that should terrify us.  
Our society and our government is paralleling The Nation of Judah.  (I fear as a Citizen and as a Christian, we as a Nation are at a point of captivity.)
            Habakkuk realized that God had a plan and he rejoice[d] in the LORD.”  We must also come to the realization that God is still in control.  (As Controller, God will change what He will change.  We are at The Mercy of God, just like Judah.  We must turn our hearts back to God, walk as He expects us to walk, and like Lott’s wife, don’t look back.)
            Like Habakkuk we must remember that The “LORD God is my strength.”  In that knowledge, we must gird our loins and start working for The Lord, (doing the “work” He has given.)

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Our task as Christians is to do The Will of The Lord.  What is God’s Will?  Glorify Him in ALL we do.  We Glorify Him by calling on His “name,” by “humble[ing]” ourselves, by our “pray[ing]” to Him, and always “seek [ing]” Him.  (We glorify Him by turning from our “wicked ways.”)    “Change” will not come from The President, nor from our Government.  It must come from our Churches.  In order to “heal [our] land,” we must be the Christians we claim to be.

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  (2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

               Some push aside 2 Chronicles 7:14 as a statement for Israel.  I do agree.  But Paul tells us to “present your bodies a living sacrifice.”  (Paul incorporates 2 Chronicles 7:14 to include The Christian Church.)
            Our strength (as an individual Christian, as a Church body, and as a Nation) is “God.”
            “Reader, what are you going to do?  Are you going to Glorify God, or “figure” that somebody else will do it for you?  The sad part is if you don’t do your part, nobody will.  What is coming should make our “belly tremble…,” and our hearts beat faster.  There should be a fear of “what’s next,” and “when is the next shoe gonna drop?” 
            God’s Wrath may be on its way.  It may be a severe chastisement, or it may be The “Rapture.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment