Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jesus Gives Us Challenge!



Psalms 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

              This verse should both comfort and challenge Christians.  “[C]omfort” comes because we know that God is always with us.  In that “comfort” we have no fear as we know of God’s protection.
              Our greatest “challenge” is the “walk through the valley of the shadow of death.”  There is a song entitled, “God Of The Mountain.” In the lyrics we are told that The God in the valley is the same God on top of the mountain.  (In “our walk through life,” many of us have already experienced many valleys and many mountaintops.) 

Psalms 27:2-5  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.  (3)  Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.  (4)  One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.  (5)  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

              In times like these, we feel there are those who want to destroy us.  They are surrounding us (morally, physically, and financially.)  We do know, or should know that “[H]e shall hide me [us] in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle.”  Our need is to desirethe LORD, that will I seek after” for His protection in “the secret of his tabernacle.”
              “Reader, are you in a valley so deep, it seems you are drowning?  Can you see a way out?”  Sometimes we get in the “valley of the shadow of death” by circumstances beyond our control, the death of a loved one, a sudden impairment, or a sudden change in the economy.  We may find (in hindsight) that we are the one who put ourselves in the valley, (adultery, alcoholism, drugs, and anger, just to name a few.)  If you are in a valley, regardless of the circumstance, you need to look up (from the valley floor) for a friend.

Isaiah 41:10  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

God will strengthen you.  He will help you.  He will hold you up.  If you have not called on Jesus as your Saviour, this is the day.  This is the hour.

Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Do it now, not tomorrow.  What if God calls you into eternity tonight?  It will be too late.  You must accept Jesus prior to eternity as The Lake of Fire is “our default eternity.”  Accept Christ Now.

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas   

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment