Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rejoice In Hope

              In Romans 5:1-5 quoted below, Paul is relating to us the “experience of tribulation.”  Tribulations are not a situation we relish in encountering.  The last thing I want today or any day is a “good” tribulation.  These tribulation days are days we each dread, but the problem is, tribulations do come.  (I have never asked God to send me a “good” tribulation, and I expect I never will ask Him.)  Yet, here we find Paul telling us to rejoice over the tribulations we receive. 
              I have had at least two tribulations in the last year, both involving my shoulders.  Rotator cuff surgery is a tribulation that will slow you down a bit, but allows some reflecting time.  I had trouble reading my Bible, however with my right shoulder, I was allowed the time to read my Bible through in just over ninety days.  For that, I rejoice.  I am in the process of reading it again and hopefully within the next ninety days.  God knows some days we need to slow down, and through tribulation, He can accomplish what He wants us to do. 
              Paul tells us that tribulation gives us “patience,” something I lack.  However, Paul tells that this patience gives us “experience.”  Through that experience, we gain “hope,” hope of our future, and the hope of our existence.  It isn’t, “I Hope I am saved.”  It is a hope that knows the existence of our salvation.  It is a hope that not only knows, but also “rejoices” in the coming tribulations, (knowing through that new experience that my hope and my love towards my Lord will grow stronger day by day.)
              Our love for our Lord and Saviour ought to be shown in our “walk.”  Our “talk” should reflect our walk and show the love of Christ.  That love for Christ is a love, with the hope that allows us not to be ashamed of being what we are.  I am what I am only by the Grace of God, (that Grace being our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.)
              Do you love Him, as you should?  Are you “rejoicing” in the tribulations you are going through?  (I honestly have a problem rejoicing as I should.) 

Deuteronomy 6:5  And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

In that love, and in that tribulation, we need to trust in the Lord with all that we have.

Proverbs 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Love Him; Trust Him; Rejoice in all that He brings.

Bro John R. E Chastain

Romans 5:1-5  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:  (2)  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  (3)  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;  (4)  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:  (5)  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

No comments:

Post a Comment