Thursday, May 27, 2010

O God Hear My Prayer

              Psalm 4:1-5 quoted below is a portion of one of the Psalms of David.  King David was a warring King, but a man after God’s heart. As I use his words, words given to him by God, I am using God’s Word to define this devotion, “…O God hear my prayer ” I use these Words daily for my own prayers.  On this day, I plead to God that He will hear our prayers, prayers for our men and women who are standing in harms way to defend us back home, (defending our freedom.)
              On this day, we find so many who are disrespectful of our Veterans, and all those who have died defending our Constitution and our Freedom.  (People who gather to disrespect the Memorial Service of a Soldier who died giving them “the right to defame him and his family,” and doing it under the flag of God.)
              This Memorial Day is a day we as Americans have set aside to honour those who have died defending our rights, our freedom, and our rights to be stupid. Yet, to many this is just a “cut loose weekend,” the end of school, the beginning of summer, vacations, pool parties, Bar-B-Q time, just a good time for all. 
              For Sharil and I, it is our wedding anniversary weekend.  Yet the importance of our honouring those men who have given all, their family, their children, and ultimately their lives, remembering them is more important than a wedding anniversary.  (Which is very important.)  There is a saying that goes something like this, “There have been two defining forces in the world willing to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  Jesus died for your soul and the American Soldier died for your freedom. 
              This week, remember why you have the time to play, as “one of our boys” may be taking a bullet for you.  He is giving his all.  Take time out of your day and beg God to hear our prayers. Ask Him to protect our soldiers, (those who are protecting our right to worship, and our freedom,) and to keep their families from harm.  As we are a nation that is stepping away from God, beg Him to give us new Godly leadership, leadership that will follow Him.

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

              This is God’s process.  It must begin with our heart, a heart that knows God and His only Begotten Son Jesus, and a heart full of repentance, sorrow, and a willingness to pray.  Seek Him and turn away from your iniquities.  So, what are you going to do this weekend?  Our scripture asks us to “…put our trust in the Lord. Have you done that?  Can you put your trust in Him?    

Bro John R. E Chastain

Psalms 4:1-5  Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.  (2)  O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.  (3)  But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.  (4)  Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.  (5)  Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment