Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Grace of God

             After reading I Corinthians 1:4-9 quoted below, my mind went back to January 19th, 1993.  That was the day that Sharil and I finally realized God’s “Amazing Grace.”  We both accepted Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour at about 3:30 in the afternoon.  We both found the gift that had always been before us, but unseen by a “spiritual” blindness.  The control of this blindness is by “the world.”   “The world” does not know Jesus the Christ.  It hates Him and persecutes anyone who calls on His Name (and receives that Holy Gift of Grace, eternal life with Christ.)
              As we wait for God’s call to bring us Home, either by Jesus’ return or by our physical death, grandness awaits us, (with a beautiful home existing among many Mansions, one for my wife, one for me.)

John 14:2-3  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  (3)  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

              Jesus has gone before us, (Jesus our Carpenter) to prepare for us.  There is a place for all who believe.  Once you have accepted Jesus, your place is secure.
              Have you accepted Jesus the Christ as your Saviour?  He is waiting with His gift of eternity, being with Him.  All He asks of you is to believe with a sincere heart, and tell others of His gift.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrews 10:22  Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
              Jesus forgave us on the Cross of Calvary.  He asks us to follow Him in love, and obey His commands.

John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

So the question is, “Do you love Him?”  If you have claimed Jesus, “Are you keeping His commandments?”
              Sharil and I started following Him eighteen years ago.  I cannot tell you we have always followed as we should.  I would be a major hypocrite if I did.  Yes, we have fallen short.  However, when we failed we sought Jesus and begged forgiveness, repented, and picked up where we failed with a new reinvigorated fervor.   Where are you?  Where are you heading?            

Bro. John R. E Chastain

1 Corinthians 1:4-9  I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;  (5)  That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;  (6)  Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:  (7)  So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:  (8)  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  (9)  God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment