Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thus Saith God The LORD

              Reading Isaiah 42:5-9 quoted below, I searched for the introductory words, “Thus saith God the LORD.” While reading most of those 228 verses that contain these words, my thoughts concerning these words were delving into my heart about how I have personally reacted to this remark.
              “Have I diligently listened, not only for myself?”  “Have I listened for others?”  I fear I have not done as well as I could.  My wife tells everyone that I have selective hearing.  She is likely right, and my concern is, “Do I also have selective hearing from our LORD and our Saviour Jesus?”  I imagine I do hear what I want to hear, and selectively put the other aside as unheard, maybe for hearing later.
              Jesus tells us in: John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
We as Christians claim to LOVE our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ.  Then, why do we fail to follow or go against those things that He commands?  What manner of love is it we have?  We hear what we want, we do what we want, all regardless of “keep[ing] my commandments.   
              We say we are Christians, yet we “refuse” to go to Church, we “refuse” to put away our cigarettes, we “refuse” to quit drinking alcohol, we “refuse” to read God’s Word (The King James Bible.)  In my favor, I may still have selective hearing; but God has led me away from some of these things; and other things that He has led me to are Church and reading His Word. 
              He speaks to us in His Word; He listens to us in our prayers.  Have you considered that God may also have selective hearing?
              I believe God hears all we say, He sees all we do, and it is likely our “doings” are what keep us from the blessings of an answered prayer, (keeping us from a blessed life.)
              I know some have made “resolutions” for the New Year.  Most will go aside like our actions concerning, “Thus saith God the LORD.   God wants us to repent and get ourselves right with Him.  Hang the resolutions, drop to your knees and beg God’s forgiveness, and then strive in your heart to love Jesus.                                     

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Isaiah 42:5-9  Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:  (6)  I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;  (7)  To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.  (8)  I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.  (9)  Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment