What it means:
“So be it,” “That’s right,” “I agree.”
1. It does not make you a Pentecostal.
2. You do not have to be over the age of 60 to say it.
3. It should not be done for show. Don’t scream it or be disruptive.
Why do it?
(1 Corinthians 14:15-16) "What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?"
1. Saying “Amen” is Biblical for example: A congregation which states “Amen” shows the pastor, singers, pianists and others that they have been a blessing to them.
2. It helps to keep a church from growing cold and formal. Also, it keeps the praise based on Spiritual blessings. While clapping is an appropriate way to praise the individual or entertainer, the Amen is more a praise for the message. I can say Amen to anyone who tries to testify for God, regardless of their ability.
3. It helps keep some people awake J
4. It helps the preacher know he is getting through, and to know people are listening.
5. It helps affirm that we as a church are in unity on certain points.
It testifies that the preacher is not the only idiot that believes it!