Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blessed Is The Man


              In Psalm 1:1-6 quoted below, (v 1) gives us a description of the perfect Father. 

Psalms 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Now be it known I have not been a perfect Father, and I will never be a perfect Father.  However, we have in (v 1) been given the goals with which we should strive to achieve.  (If we ever expect to receive the Blessings of God,) our task as a Father is to look to these lofty goals and set our minds to achieve them.  As men and as the head of a household, we are the leader of our family, and as such, we should set the example for our wives and children to follow.  We will never achieve perfection, (at least not on this side of Glory.)    
              We recognize every Father on this National Father’s Day.  My Father had no spiritual influence in my life, and very little physical influence.  Yet, I recognize him as a National Hero as he went to war and never came back.  For many years, my Mother kept him in front of me as my guide.  To my knowledge, my Father was not a spiritual man, but he was a good man, yet I do not know if he is in Heaven or wallowing in Hell.  I pray he is in Heaven with my Mother, and waiting to reunite with my sister and me.
              As a Father, some of you may have fond memories, and others may have memories that are not as memorable.  I have found that since my walk with the Lord, not only have my daughters memories been shortened, but have been reduced to vague memories.  Regardless of what we remember, (or what we once were,) our task today is to erase the bad by working for Christ Jesus.  
              Our last verse tells us that The LORD knows the way of the righteous.  (You and I cannot do more than cover up our past, and Jesus erases it from our memories.)  We are left with just enough memory (of our past) to know we did in fact change.
              Does your wife and children know you are a Godly man?   My fear is my wife, daughters, and grandchildren will suddenly remember or find out about the worst.  (That is something I cannot do anything about, but it is a fear I have.)  All I can do is walk in the proper counsel, The Word of God, (The King James Bible).  Father’s, where do you stand?                                   

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Psalms 1:1-6  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  (2)  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.  (3)  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.  (4)  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.  (5)  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.  (6)  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment