Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ye Shall Know


                                    Joel 2:27-30 quoted below is a prophetical set of verses, (mainly tied to Judah, the Southern Tribes,) prophesying of their near and distant future. 
              There are many things “Ye Shall Know” and I dare not attempt (in this small devotion) to tackle all or even many of them. 
              So, my question is where to begin?  I direct this to those of you who call yourselves Christians.  A part of our knowledge is we “Shall Know” that all those who call themselves Christians are not necessarily Christian.  Jesus covers this particular subject many times. 

Matthew 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

              All our efforts must be “in His will.”  This is not a command to the unsaved, but for the knowledge of the Christian.  When we proclaim Jesus as our Saviour, our whole life should change.  Our focus should be doing God’s Will.

Luke 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

              However, the norm in most Churches is that many do not serve Him.  They may serve by going to Church (in their minds “reasonably” regular),  yet, their tithes and offerings are non-existent or minimal.  Their efforts to physically work (during off hours) within the Church just isn’t there.  The 80/20 rule always applies.  (The application is 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people.)  Yet, they all call themselves Christians.  How can that be if they “do not the things which I say.  Jesus’ commandments are to do “the will of my Father” our God in heaven. 
              What kind of profession have you made?  Do you rely upon your emotions, (allowing your emotions to steer you?)  God steers each of us by the sweat of our brow, and us knowing (by the Holy Spirit) to do the “the will of my Father.
              Have you accepted Jesus as your Saviour?  Has your life changed in a way that others can see the change?  God loves us no doubt, yet He expects us to toil for Him.  Do you?

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Joel 2:27-30  And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.  (28)  And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:  (29)  And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.  (30)  And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment