Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Holmes on Homes

                As I read the scriptures in Hosea 14:8-9 quoted below, the phrase from (v 8) “…I am like a green fir tree..,”  a simile of being like a tree is given, and I immediately think of bearing fruit for the Lord.

John 15:4-5  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  (5)  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

As we abide, [having claimed Jesus as our personal Saviour, He is our “building code”] in Christ, we will produce fruit.  The “abiding” is the problem.  Are we abiding in Him, and are we a part of the Vine? 
              To answer this question, we as individuals are required to search our hearts, our mind, and our souls, and make a personal judgment as to where we each stand.  As Mike Holmes (on a HGTV show called, “Holmes on Homes”) would ask, “Did you get building permits?” I believe, for some this search might be a grievous search, with revelations that cut to their core, to their foundation.  In our search, we must find that our foundation is sure, and we have secured a good foundation built on Jesus.  However, we may find that “our dwelling place” that is built on that sure foundation is as a “codeless” fruit, a fruit, but tasteless, nearing a rotten stage.  The revelation that we had built our home on Christ’s foundation was and is a good thing.  However, when we began “remodeling” our home, (on Christ’s foundation,) a lot of me, myself, and I, with a big dash of pride may have been “lopped in” on top.
              The solution to our problem is likened unto that TV show.  Where we have allowed “remodelers” in, (without proper credentials who intentionally violate code), who have changed our doctrine (that code wasn’t important), led us down a path where we lacked knowledge, we just followed along “hoping” we would get the correct result.
              In our search of what we are, we each might find we have allowed a strange “building code” to change our direction.  We may see that our music has changed, and our Bible is no longer a King James Bible.  The one we are using may have had Jesus removed.
              The problem is “…for the ways of the LORD are right …” We will find when we have established that “sure foundation,” we will be walking in His ways. 
              Now, in our search, where are you?  If you have found you are lacking, now is the time for repentance, a time of restoration, a time of putting things “back to code,” (…the ways of the Lord,..) getting yourself back on track, getting your Bible right, getting your music, your dress (modest), all back to a proper “building code.”  In order to accomplish this, it requires that you personally get back to “…the ways of the LORD …”                          Bro. John R. E Chastain

Hosea 14:8-9  Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.  (9)  Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment