Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Peace I Leave With You

      If we are paying attention to the happenings in our world, Peace seems to be the future conquest of some, whereas, conquest of others is the desire of others.  We as Americans are striving for Peace, Peace of this world.  Recently, former President Carter traveled to talk to those whose journey is conquest of others.  He went to talk to them concerning Peace of the world.  President Carter as a Baptist Christian ought to know that the Peace of this world is something that will not come about this side of the Rapture.
      However, in the scripture John 14:23-29 quoted below, Jesus is telling us about another Peace, not the Peace of this world.  How many times must He tell us the world will hate us because we love Jesus?  Jesus is talking to us about the Holy Spirit that resides within Christians.  The Holy Spirit is our Holy Comforter.  Our Comforter gives us our Peace and assurance that we know who we are, and where we are going.
      Jesus tells us plainly if we love Him let not your heart be troubled, and rejoice because He will come again. 
      Therefore, the whole question comes down to you.  Do you have the Peace Jesus refers to in these scripture verses?  If you don’t know if the Holy Spirit resides in you, spend some time with the Lord in prayer, and get that assurance, so you will be able to rejoice, and enjoy the fruits and the blessings God gives.
      Know God loves you and the world equally.  Those who call on His Son, Jesus, will reside in the presence of God and His Son eternally. 
      Where will you reside?

Bro John R. E Chastain

John 14:23-29  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  (24)  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  (25)  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.  (26)  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  (27)  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  (28)  Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  (29)  And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment