Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trusting In The Lord

              When I read Psalms 4:4-8 quoted below, several ideas concerning this bulletin article came across my mind.  However, the phrase on the cover, “Trust in the Lordis what stuck most prevalent in my mind.
            Do notice it isn’t just “…Trust in the Lordit is “…put your Trust in The Lord.  It is a statement for us to take action.  It is something we as Christians are supposed to do.  Sometimes our biggest problem is our resistance to the Holy Spirit.  We are of the concept, “I can do it on my own, I don’t need the help of the Holy Spirit, nor at this particular juncture do I need God.
            The very first phrase tells us to “Stand in awe, and sin not...  We are also told to “…commune with our heart…  Look at where you stand, and ask yourself, do I “Stand in awe,..” of God?  Have I put my trust in the Lord?  These questions are what we need to ask of ourselves.  How often do I question myself?  Most question themselves daily, others maybe weekly or monthly.
            When we find ourselves lost in the wilderness of the world, we then are asking, “Who will show us any good?  Then, when all is lost, nearly lost, or totally out of control, we then seek God through the Holy Spirit.  We ask the Lord for the plenty He has been giving, more of the plenty He has already bestowed upon us.
            God then rescues us, puts the gladness of heart within us that we seek, and we relish in His goodness, and He allows us a restful sleep, and a peaceful dwelling.
            We, like the Jews of the Exodus wilderness, learn our lesson but eventually turn our backs on God repeatedly.  The wonderful part about God is His Grace and continual Mercy.
            We work and build reward, only to turn our backs on Him and lose reward.  We as Christian’s need to plant our heart on the foundation laid down by Jesus, and secure ourselves to Him, and work to keep putting “…your trust in The Lord.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Psalms 4:4-8  Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.  (5)  Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.  (6)  There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.  (7)  Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.  (8)  I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment