Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christian, What Is Your Testimony?


17 of 22 from Psalm 119

Psalm 119:129-136 PE.  Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.  130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.  131 I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments.  132 Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name.  133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.  134 Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy precepts.  135  Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.  136 Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law.

            Our Psalmist begins by praising God’s Testimony.  He tells us how God has helped him and how God will give understanding to all that desire His Love.  At times, we know that King David’s testimony was not what we would call “good.”  Yet, through it all, King David was “a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.”

Acts 13:22  And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

As King David found, we can find that the core of our strength is God’s Love.  In that strength, our testimony (our walk, our talk) ought to reflect The Love of God in our heart.  Many will tell me they can be just like King David, and walk a walk with the world.  (That is not so, because every time David “stepped out of line,” he and/or The Nation of Israel were punished.)
            God’s Will for “each and every one” of us is that we accept His Son Jesus as our Personal Saviour.
                       
John 17:1-8  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:  (2)  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.  (3)  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.  (4)  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.  (5)  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.  (6)  I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.  (7)  Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.  (8)  For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

God gave His Son The Power over each of us.  We as Christians need to use that “power” to lead others to God through His Son Jesus.  Our walk ought to exemplify our Lord and Saviour.  Many are criticizing football player, “Tim Tebow” for his praising God during his games.  (If we would only do half as much within our Christian walks, “Amazing Godly Things” would follow our paths.)
            “Reader, where do you stand within your daily walk?   Are you after “[God’s] own heart” and do others “know” who you are following?  Are you another “Tim Tebow,” or are you one who mocks what he does?”
            “Christian, where do you stand?  If you cannot relate to King David’s position (or for that matter “Tim Tebow’s,”) where in the “world” do you stand?  Stand for God through His Son Jesus.  Let others know what you are about.  Have a worthwhile testimony.  Start today.”

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas      

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment