Friday, August 20, 2010

Has He Done Marvelous Things For You?

                  In Psalm 98 below, it tells that God has done marvelous things.  The question of course is, “What about me?”  This is the season that we as Christians need to stop and take a look at ourselves, and “Count Those Blessings.”  

              I know our first thoughts might be, “What has He done for me?”  For myself, He has blessed me to the point, I couldn’t count those blessings even if I wanted to count them.  You see if I started to reminisce over them, I might see a point where I wasn’t blessed and start dwelling on the “Why?”  God watches us, and God knows our ways.  The verses below also tell us He will judge us, but that judgment will also be with equity.
               Sometimes in what I do for the Lord, my heart isn’t always where it ought to be.  I imagine that is true with you also.  Consequently, I will not always be blessed because I did something for the Lord.  

(Hebrews 10:22)  Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

              If we attempt to do anything without the Lord, we are not in “…full assurance of faith…”  We are then doing what we want in the “faith” of ourselves so that we can accomplish what we want.  We do this regardless of what God may have requested of us.
              Is that where your heart has been this year?  If you want to be closer to God, you must decide to follow Him, not yourself.  Make that “…joyful noise unto the Lord…
              Only you can make the decision to follow Him.  Only you can decide that Jesus will be your guide.  Decide today, and start receiving the blessing God wants to give you.

Bro John R. E Chastain

Psalms 98:1-9  O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.  (2)  The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.  (3)  He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.  (4)  Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.  (5)  Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.  (6)  With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.  (7)  Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.  (8)  Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together  (9)  Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

No comments:

Post a Comment