Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our Assurance

(John 10:28-30)  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.   30 I and my Father are one.

Sometime back, when my grandson Nicholas was knocking the bricks off the foyer of our previous church, I noticed that some of the bricks were attached to the concrete block wall and some were not.  But to a bystander, all the bricks appeared solidly anchored.  
When delving into a persons’ belief most appear solid.  There is no need to thump the watermelon as they seem to know where they stand.
Those bricks were solidly placed, or so they seemed.  Thousands of people are accepting the Lord each year, but church growth is declining.  Where is that solid foundation that these folks claim?  It isn’t in the King James Bible, because what little they do read, even if they get something from it, they do not apply what they have learned.  It isn’t in their church, because, even though they claim membership and are members they don’t attend.  Many don’t even know who their current Pastor is.  This is a problem of every church, the membership that never attends.  These members have no grounding, nor knowledge of where their grounding is based.

(Ephesians 4:30)  And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If you understand the above reference verses, you do know where your grounding is based, and you know you are sealed until redemption.

Bro John R. E Chastain

No comments:

Post a Comment