Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our Everlasting, Eternal, Forever Home

      When we read Psalm 23:6 quoted below, it refreshes our memory that when we got saved, we received a home in heaven.  We found we are strangers just passing through this life here on earth.  This earth, for the time being, is the home of the devil and sin.

      Yet we dwell here for now, our home is being prepared as we tarry for the Lord.

(John 14:2)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

      Jesus, The Carpenter, is preparing my place.  It will be complete when I arrive, and it will be furnished and ready for occupancy that second God calls me home.
      Now I do have a problem envisioning Jesus walking around with a tool belt, loaded with hammers and nails, and an air compressor standing ready to be used by Christ to complete my mansion.  Jesus won’t need to do all that.  He will speak my mansion into existence.  
      God will call me home, and poof there I will be at Jesus’ feet.  Jesus, my Saviour, will then take me by the hand and guide me to that new mansion, created just for me.  “Oh What A Day That Will Be, When My Jesus I shall See.”  Have you made your reservation yet?  Do you have the Masters Card?  Do you have an Eternal, Everlasting Forever home?

Bro John R. E Chastain

Psalms 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment