Monday, October 17, 2011

My Whole Heart


2a of 22 from Psalm 119

Psalms 119:9-16  BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.  (10)  With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.  (11)  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  (12)  Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.  (13)  With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.  (14)  I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.  (15)  I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.  (16)  I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

            In the “last post,” the word “Wherewithal,” and the phrase, how “shall a young man cleanse his way” were defined.  In “this post,” we will consider “where all that we do” comes from.  

Hebrews 10:22  Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
                       
(v 10) tells us that “With my whole heart have I sought thee.”  Our verse in Hebrews 10:22 tells us that our “heart” must be “true.”  This faith must not only be “true,” but also with “full assurance of faith.”  This “full assurance” is a faith without doubt, a faith that says I believe, regardless of the discourse thrown before us.
            Within our “heart,” we must also purge out all evil thoughts.  “How can we go to God with hatred and bitterness in our heart, and ask Him to bless us?”  If you want (and) desire to get closer to God, your character must change.  (In our salvation, we became new creatures.)

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Let God teach you, and in that teaching allow these precepts to be hidden within your heart.  You will be less likely to follow the world, consequently not allowing yourselves to fall into sin.  (You are the one that accepts the temptation placed before you.  The devil does not make you do it.)
            With our “assurance of faith,” note we are to speak to others about God. 
           
Mark 16:15  And he [Jesus] said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

            I know most apply this verse only to the Preacher, the Pastor, and/or the Missionary.  However, Jesus is speaking to Christians.  As members of a local New Testament Church, you are “The Missionary” to your locality.  (“Well Bro John, I live twelve miles from our Church.”  “Then the path from your house to the Church is your Mission field.”)
            For us to fail in our study of His Word, (failure to do our work as a Missionary) is a sin against God and it puts us at enmity [being an enemy] with God.  Seek Him, and follow Him as He guides through The Holy Spirit.

John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

            Some of us claim Jesus, only because “He loves us.”  We know God loves us, however, in that love we are to follow as He guides.  Seek God with “my whole heart.”

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment