Friday, October 7, 2011

The Swiftness of Our Day


Job 7:6  My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.

          As I read The Book of Job, this verse kinda poked me in the eye.  As a senior citizen, I have found that the older I get the days seem to be “rocketing by faster.”  It seems to me that the “days are using” newer and faster rockets. 
          As a youth, I never thought that High School would ever end.  Now I wonder about my life’s end.  (I have gotten past my mortality, and I know there is a day that God will call me home.  That appointed day we each look toward, possibly with trepidation.  We may look forward with fear of the experience “of stepping into a new life.”)  When we experienced the Salvation God gave us through His Son, we by accepting Jesus “stepped into a new life.”  Consequently, we as Christians should look with “a knowing” that God will receive us, and that He will be with us as we walk through that “spiritual wall.”

Job 7:1  Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?

          Go back to our verse, “My days…and are spent without hope. As Christians, our “days” should be, “What A Day That Will Be.” 
          Our faith is the “Hope” of God, and Our “Hope” is not a “Hope” that it might happen.  It is the “Hope” of knowing we are going to Heaven to be with our Lord and Saviour.
               
2 Corinthians 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

          My “Hope” is I know that to be absent from my body is to be in the presence of Jesus my Saviour and His Father my God.  Is your “Hope” the grave, or is your “Hope” God will overlook your sins and let you in anyway?

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas

<fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com>Fundamental Thoughts
<fundamentalthoughts-sermons.blogspot.com> Fundamental Thoughts-Sermons

No comments:

Post a Comment