Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trusting God’s Word


6 a of 22 from Psalm 119

Psalms 119:41-48  VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.  (42)  So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.  (43)  And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.  (44)  So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.  (45)  And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.  (46)  I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.  (47)  And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.  (48)  My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

            Looking at these verses again, we can see where we must place our trust.  Our Psalmist states, “…for I trust in thy word.”  (We place our Trust in God’s “word.”)  It is not only the Cross on which Jesus died, nor the grave in which He was placed.  These are definitely significant in the Gospel, (The Bible teaches these things.)  However, our Trust and our Faith is placed solely in God’s Word, Jesus.

John 1:1-5  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  (2)  The same was in the beginning with God.  (3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  (4)  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  (5)  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

“The Word of God” Is His Son Jesus.  Jesus Is The Christ, Our Lord, and Saviour, The Son of The Almighty God in Heaven.  So, our “trust in thy word” is a reference to our Saviour Jesus.  He Is The “Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  We are also told: “(3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  With this now in mind, we now know that The Pre-incarnate Jesus was who walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden.
            Jesus Is Our Saviour.  Through Him Salvation has been imparted to millions, including myself.  Salvation is given to those who ask (beg) for His Salvation, (those who willingly seek Him and drop to their knees with a repentant and humble heart.)

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Within our hearts, (within our seeking Him) we must believe that Jesus is who God has told us He is.  Salvation isn’t one choice, whereby we may chose our path to God.  We are told in God’s Word, (that Word we are to trust in,) that our path to God is through Jesus His Son, and only through Jesus His Son.

1  Corinthians 15:57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I gained my “victory” because Jesus willingly went to the Cross, His Cross to die for my sins.  “Reader, He also died for your sins.”  He came to give Salvation to the lost, (those who do not know Him or His Father.)

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

            “Do you know Him?”  We are told in Romans Chapter 10:

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God tells us (through Paul) that if we will Believe God has raised His Son Jesus from the grave, and in that belief/knowledge, we will Confess our Belief to others, God will give us the Gift of Salvation.

Ephesians 2:8-9  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  (9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

            “Reader, it is “the gift of God” given to you because you accepted Jesus by faith, (Not of works,[or doing good deeds]) but what you believe.”  Call on His name now, in belief and by faith in your heart.

Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Just do it.

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment