Friday, October 21, 2011

Repent, Pray, Seek Him


Repent, Pray, Seek Him
4 of 22 from Psalm 119

Psalms 119:25-32  DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.  (26)  I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.  (27)  Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.  (28)  My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.  (29)  Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.  (30)  I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.  (31)  I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.  (32)  I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

            Reading these verses remind me of the song, “God On The Mountain.”  The Psalmist tells us how low he had become, yet he is aware that “The God On The Mountain” is also “The God In The Valley.”  He continually asks The LORD to help him.
            The Psalmist tells us, “I have chosen the way of truth,” and in that “truth” he has found God.  He asked the LORD to “quicken thou me,” “teach me,” “Make me to understand,” “strengthen thou me,” “Remove from me,” “put me not to shame,” and “when thou shalt enlarge my heart,” (all asking God, begging God for help.)
            We as Christians have forgotten to beg, to plead to God for help.  Too many times, “we use the world’s answer,” (The MasterCard©) to solve all our problems.  We never pray, we never consult God for the help we need.  We fail to remember that God IS our “Master Card.”  (He is The One we need to turn to when financial problems arise.)  When a medical problem crops its ugly head in our lives, (or our family’s lives,) our primary concern is “healing the body.”  Our honest concern should be salvation for that person’s soul, (our eternal life in the presence of God and His Son Jesus The Christ). 
            Like this Psalmist, we must humble ourselves, go to God in prayer, and beg for His Will in our lives. We must never go to God and “Tell Him” what should be done.
            If we are claiming Christianity, we have “chosen the way of truth,” Jesus the Christ.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You cannot go to God unless you go through Jesus.  Regardless of Oprah’s opinion, Jesus is The Way.  He is The Only Way.  There are not Many Ways, nor are their Millions of Ways.  (God tells us there is Only One Way.)

1 Corinthians 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

One God, The Father, One Lord, Jesus Christ.  (Pull out your “Holy Master Card.”) Humble yourself, Pray, Seek His Face, and Turn from your sin. 

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Repent, Ask for His forgiveness, and Plead from your heart for His Will.  Remember, “The God On The Mountain” is also the same “God In The Valley.”

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment