Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Big Deception



1 John 1:8-10  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  (9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  (10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

When I stop and consider my life prior to Jesus, I find I was a liar.  (I didn’t go about “telling lies,” but I was “living a lie.”)  My former life could have been entitled, “The Big Deception.”   I thought I was a “somebody,” and being a “somebody,” I was important.   (In terms of my family, I was important as the primary “breadwinner.” Yet, in terms of Jesus The Christ, I was nothing.)
When we walk along “life’s highway” we make decisions as to what we are doing, and where we are going.  Some of these choices (at least for me) were bad choices.  Others weren’t so bad, (probably bordering on the good.  We may not even be able to discern those “bad” choices, or that they are “bad” choices.)
Our scripture tells us, “If we [will] confess our sins”  He will “forgive us our sins.”  Our first consideration is:  “What does God mean by us “confess[ing] our sins?”  This confession is NOT for anyone who claims a spiritual relationship with God.  (This confession is to God, directly from your heart.)  (I have always said, “Don’t tell me your sins.  I am likely to sin and judge you, but ask me to pray for your unspoken need.)”  (Don’t involve man in your confession.)
God wants YOU on your knees. Kneel with a humble, broken heart (because of your sin.)  Beg for His forgiveness. 
If we accept Jesus by our faith, He forgives us, and we will be given an eternity with Jesus (in the presence of God The Father.)   Jesus’ blood has “cleanse[d] us from all unrighteousness.”  We now belong to Jesus and God The Father.
Today:  STOP “The Big Deception.”   Realize:  “claiming” you “have no sin” makes God “a liar.” 

1 John 1:5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

God knows NO Sin.  He is The Truth.  Only He is The Truth and The Light.  Accept Jesus now.  
            As the footwear “people” tell us, “Just Do It.”

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment