Monday, January 23, 2012

My Way


21 of 22 from Psalm 119

Psalm 119:161-168 SCHIN. Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word. 162  I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil. 163  I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.  164  Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments. 165  Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. 166  LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments. 167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. 168  I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.

            There are many times when I have allowed my pride to place offerings before God.  (My intention was never to place them before Him.)  Yet, in my pride, I have done just that. (It may take me minutes, or days to realize what I have done.)  God knows my intent.  He also knows my pride.  (That is where we as Christians fail.)  We know (without a doubt) He sees our every move, yet in our pride, we “go about our business” as if He doesn’t know. 
            We can get our meals, our homes, our clothing, etc., prepared “My Way.”  (We “think” in terms of “My Way.”  We conjure our “needs,” and then “work” to achieve those needs “My Way.”
            However, Christianity isn’t (nor has it ever been) “My Way.”  God teaches us that it is His Way and His Way only.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God sent His Only Begotten Son to give us everlasting life.  He (Jesus) died on that “Old Rugged Cross” for our sins.  It was from that “Old Rugged Cross” He forgave us. 

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I don’t have to shed my blood, nor do I have to sacrifice myself on a cross (for myself, or for anyone else.)  It has been done “once for all” with Jesus’ blood from His Cross.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

            God has provided “His Way” through His Son.  Jesus accepted God’s Will.  This included The Beatings, being Nailed to that Cross, and allowing that Spear to pierce His side.  He did all this and more, just to spill His Blood for my Salvation, and grant me His forgiveness.  (What a Saviour, my Jesus.  He has done for me what I can not do for myself.)
            “Reader, He did it for me.  But He also did it for you.  Look at your heart.  Humble yourself.  Bow down and accept His Sacrifice for your eternity.”

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God asks that you “believe” that He raised His Son from the grave.  Believe, tell others what you “believe,” and God will save you.
            Do it today.  Remember that old truism, “Tomorrow Never Comes.” We never know what tomorrow will bring. 

Bro John R. E Chastain
Retired Pastor
Wylie, Texas   

fundamentalthoughts-preacher.blogspot.com   Fundamental Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment