Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Would Jesus Do?

              Reading John 14:8-11 quoted below, we are told that “[God] he doeth the works.   So since Jesus tells us, “…I am in the Father and the Father in me,..” then we as Christians can answer the question, “What would Jesus do?”  It is obvious from the verses quoted below that He [Jesus] would do the Will of the Father [God].
              Our job as a Christian is to emulate the Lord Jesus and do as He did while walking here on earth.  The only way for us to know what He did is to read our King James Bible faithfully, and be under the teachings of God.

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

For us to grow in faith, we must be hearing the preaching of God’s Word, along with our studying of His Word.  Jesus didn’t study the Word because “He is the Word.”  Jesus would and always will do the right thing regardless because “He is the Word.”
              I am a sinner saved by God’s Grace, Jesus.  As a saved person heading for Heaven, I always try to do the right thing; yet, in many instances I fail, sometimes badly.  When I fail, the only thing I have left is to apologize to anyone I may have hurt, and ask my Lord Jesus to forgive me “one more time.”  There is always a possibility of being forgiven “one more time.” 
              In terms of your salvation, without it, tomorrow never comes.  Therefore, we know what Jesus would do.  “What about you?”  As a Christian are you ready to start working on doing the right thing, or is that going to be put off until tomorrow?  Have you considered your reward?
              If you have never accepted Jesus, then accept Him now.  God has never asked great things of men and He has never put a burden on anyone who could not bear it.  All He has asked of anyone is to believe on His only Begotten Son, Jesus.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Confess Jesus in your heart.  Believe God has raised Him from the grave, and God will save you.  Salvation happens when you confess Jesus in your heart.  Then confess Him to others.   Let them know Jesus has just saved you.   

Bro John R. E Chastain

John 14:8-11  Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.  (9)  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?  (10)  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  (11)  Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment