Thursday, September 2, 2010

Are You Revealed?

              As I read the scriptures in Matthew 11:25-28 quoted below, and give consideration to these verses, the question that lingers in my mind is, “Are You Revealed?”

Matthew 7:21-23  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  (22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  (23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Will God say to you, “…I never knew you: depart from me...”  This is what you, as the reader must determine.  Your Pastor or Sunday School Teacher cannot tell you.  We each determine our eternity through our own heart. 
              God, through the Holy Spirit gives us the “saving faith” by which we can get saved.  However, in order to activate that faith, we must learn what our faith is.  In the Book of Romans, we find:

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Three things must happen:  1.)  We confess Jesus to others (include your heart also,) and 2.) Believe that “…God hath raised him from the dead,..” then 3.) God will save you.  Our given faith must have some knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ.
              Therefore, the question still stands for you to answer.  “Are You Revealed?”  Again, only you can know the depth of your Salvation.  Once we have accepted Jesus, we are to repent of our sins and follow Jesus in Baptism.  We must remember that we all will be judged at some point, regardless of who or what we think we are.  We will be judged. 

2 Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

The saved will have their “works” tested for reward.  The “un-revealed” will be cast into hell.  Where do you stand with God?  Do you stand with God?  When you are called into eternity, will Jesus “reveal” you to His Father, our Lord God in Heaven?                                                     

Bro. John R. E Chastain

Matthew 11:25-28  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.  (26)  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.  (27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.  (28)  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment