Sunday, September 12, 2010

What A Day

            As I read Revelation 22:12-14 below, I am reminded of that song, “What A Day That Will Be,” and won’t that be a grand day “When My Jesus I Shall See. That is a day I look forward to, being physically with my Jesus “…when He takes me by [My] hand…”
              We as Christian’s know about this “coming day,” yet our friends and our relatives may not know.  They may not even know a Heaven exists, consequently, failing to know about “There is coming a day.”  
              Salvation is hard for some people.  It requires work, work to get up earlier and get to church on time.  Salvation is hard for some because they may not be able to hang out with the same crowd.  Salvation is hard for some because all the Preacher can talk about is spending “my” money.  Salvation is hard for some because they don’t want to sit next to some “hypocrite.”  (They haven’t looked in a mirror lately.)  Salvation is hard for some because they must clean up their act before God will approve of them.
              I am not saying Salvation is “earned by works,” however, the “gift of God” is easy to receive through faith.

(Ephesians 2:8-9)  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our King James Bible clearly defines Salvation as a gift of God, and it is not of works.  So why do so many refuse?  Because all they can see is “work.”  Some even believe it is through that “work” that God will approve them.   
              They cannot imagine that God could love them at all.  If He knows all I have done, how could He love me?  
              They cannot understand, like Nicodemus, how a person can be “…Born again…”  How can that be?  Because our Jesus is, “…the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last…”  Yes, He knows what you have done.  However, when He died on that horrible old cross, He forgave you, (and all others.)  All He asks from you now is to believe with a sincere heart, and He will accept you, regardless.

(Romans 10:9)  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Once you have accepted Jesus, thank Him in prayer for that eternal life He has just given you.  Ask Him to help you to change: become a new creature, help you learn what your sins are, and how He can help you get rid of them.
              Ask Him today.  Don’t put it off, tomorrow may be too late.

Bro John R. E Chastain

(Revelation 22:12-14)  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  14  Blessed arethey that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment