Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Rainbow, God’s Covenant

           Read our scripture below, noting the phrase “…I will remember my covenant…” When I think about how God has made so many Promises, Promises, Covenants, and that He has kept all that “…shall come to pass...    then I consider, (that is think about), all the promises I have made God, and can only think of a few that I know to this date I have honestly, without backsliding, kept.
            Then I consider what our Government is doing.  They are at a point of taking another guarantee away from us, the ability to write a contract between two parties, and know what will transpire.  Our House and Senate are at a point of allowing “Special Interest Courts” to re-write contracts to favor one side or another. 
            Coming back to God and knowing He has never altered His Covenant by removing or altering them to our detriments, what He has stated he will do, or has done, or is in the process of being done.  He has improved His Covenant, and in doing so we were given Jesus the Christ. Jesus’ blood is another Covenant from God.  It allows me to have a means of putting His blood on my heart, and Jesus is my Passover Lamb.  With Jesus’ blood on my heart, when God is looking to judge, His blood on my Heart will tell God I am of His Son.
            Isn’t it great to know we have a true living God, a God who isn’t a lying politician, just telling us what we want to hear?   We know He is what He claims to be.  Jesus is God’s Word, He is the “…only begotten Son of God…  God placed Him on the cross for our benefit.  Purposefully, God hung His Son to die as our Saviour.  We don’t need Congress or an attorney to go to God and ask Him to give us back our rights as a Christian.
              So the next time we get rain, look to the sky, look for God’s Covenant, and remember what He has done for us.  Then thank Him for what He has done.

Bro. John R. E Chastain

(Genesis 9:13-16 KJB)  I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.  14  And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  15  And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  16  And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment