Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shew Me Thy Ways, O Lord

              In Psalm 25:4-8 quoted below, we see King David asking, or we might say begging for God’s mercy.  Not only is he asking for mercy, he is admitting that he is a sinner, and in dire need of God’s Amazing Grace.
              Isn’t that where you and I ought to be?  We must at least know we are sinners, yet we call on God and instead of asking for His help, we have the unmitigated gall to tell Him what must happen.  We go to God the Righteous, Righteous of Righteousness, Holy of Holies, the Holiest of All, and we have the “brass” to flaunt our sin in His Face, and then tell Him what He must do.  We as Christians must realize what we are first, then as King David, get down on our knees, repent of our sin, our lifestyle, and transform our minds to God.

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,which is your reasonable service.  (2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We must not only transform our minds, but also live a life that is acceptable to God.  We must make the transformation willingly, and in the humbleness of our heart.  We must make the change.
              Several years ago, (just after my wife and I were saved,) I heard a TV preacher tell his audience; “Demand that God answer your prayers, because He promised to do so.”  King David certainly was of God’s eye, yet I never read where he ever demanded of God anything.  As I read my King James Bible, I have found King David generally begging and pleading for God’s mercy.
              Demand of God, never.  He, God is the Infinite One, we are the finite, the limited ones.  God doesn’t change.  We do, we have, and we will.  
              So is your next change to God, or towards the world?  It is your decision. What are you going to do?  Beg God not to remember your recent transgressions.  You know how you voted for “same sex marriages,” and where you voted for those who are “pro-choice,” taking the lives of the innocent.  
              Our secrets will find us out one day, and we will answer to Jesus regarding these travesties against God’s Law.  Get right today.  Beg Him for mercy today, right now.

Bro John R. E Chastain

Psalms 25:4-8  Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.  (5)  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.  (6)  Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.  (7)  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.  (8)  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment