Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Is My Record In Heaven?

               As I read the scriptures in John 8:12-14 quoted below, “What A Day That Will Be” was playing on my CD player.  I got to thinking, “What Is My Record In Heaven?”  When that day arrives that “Jesus takes me by the hand,” what will He say to me concerning my life?

2 Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

I know He will judge me for my reward here on earth.  I am aware of most of the really wrongs I have committed.  I believe I have asked for and have received His forgiveness for those.  (Okay, Bro John what are you talking about?)  I believe most of my guilt is failing to follow His lead, failing to stop and ask Him prior to proceeding,  failing to present the Gospel to someone He specifically guided me to, and failing to speak or teach the consequences of a specific sin when someone in the congregation needed to hear it.
              Jesus tells us, “Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true;..”  Jesus came from our Heavenly Father, and His record is true.  As God, Jesus walked sin free on this earth.  (You and I cannot claim our life as sin free.)  I know prior to my Salvation, I never considered my lifestyle as sinful.  I knew I had some moral faults, but sin was something I never considered.  After I accepted Jesus as my Saviour, I was appalled daily as to what I was doing was sin.  Consequently, I was repenting daily, and was having trouble shedding some of those sins.  (I guess it took about two years to cleanse myself of a lifestyle of sin.)  I am not sin free now, and I know it.

Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

God gave me eternal life because I became a disciple of Christ.  I accepted Jesus’ blood and He became my Passover Lamb.  Now with the blood of Jesus on my heart, God sees me as one of His Son’s disciples.  (I walk and talk with my Jesus, my Savior.)  One day I will extend my hand, and He will walk me home. 
              Until then, “What Is My Record In Heaven?”  Can you as a born again believer improve that record?  Yes, you can.  Get on your knees and ask forgiveness for the mess you have created.  Get up with the attitude that God will help you, (and He will), and begin to clean up your life. 

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

God will always help us.  However, He requires us to renew our mind (lifestyle).  We have to improve.  It takes effort on our part.                                        

Bro. John R. E Chastain

John 8:12-14  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.  (13)  The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.  (14)  Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment